What is needed prior to scheduling a closing.
- A title search performed by Golm Law Firm.
- Copy of an executed Purchase & Sale Agreement.
- Payoff amounts of all liens attached to the property.
- Real estate tax information.
- Clear to close from the lender.
What to expect when you reach the point of closing on your home!
If this is a financed transaction, the lender will provide Golm Law Firm with the terms, conditions and fees for the closing. We will prepare a Settlement Statement to be approved by the lender. Once approved, we will contact the borrower with the amount needed for closing. You will need to bring the following to closing:
- Proof of wire transfer for the settlement costs
- Unexpired picture identification such as a driver's license or passport
- Any other documents required by the Lender
At closing, you will be signing many documents including your lender's loan package. The Sellers will sign a deed conveying the property to the purchasers. Both the deed and mortgage will be recorded at the Clerk's office after closing.
Golm Law Firm is always willing to answer any questions either pre-closing or post-closing! Our goal is to make your closing a pleasant and stress-free experience.